Pick your skincare bestie with the BePlain Clean Beauty Trial Kit. The BePlain trial kit features the best of the best moisturizing ingredients, uses balancing formulas, and provides essential skin rejuvenation.
BePlain's gender-neutral philosophy is based on the principle of stress-free clean beauty that utilizes vegan-friendly and EWG-certified ingredients to comfort your skin and mind for a wholesome routine.
I wish every single brand had a sample pack like this!! I bought 3, in order to get a better feel for the products without needing to buy the full sizes. Each envelope provides a generous amount for one use or a slightly conservative amount for two uses. Although I didn't actually care about the toner or ampoule, I was happy to try them as part of the routine.
As someone with extremely dry and sensitive skin (medically so), I'm extremely limited in the American products I can buy and still extremely conscientious even with Korean products. Even some of my old favorites (like Klairs Soothing Cream) sometimes cause minor flare-ups now. It sucks. But rest assured that if I say something is non-irritating/drying, you can be confident that it will work for you.
In using the full routine together:
- The cleanser was a little bit too cleansing for my skin (didn't dry my skin, exactly, but felt too stripped of moisture). It was a pleasant texture though and non-irritating. I'd recommend for those with less dry skin.
- The toner was as expected in terms of consistency and seemed like it helped to calm some of the irritation I experience.
- The ampoule was fine. It has that thicker consistency you would expect. I tend to avoid ampoules because I feel like it takes my moisturizer longer to soak in (if it ever does) but that's personal bias.
- The lotion was lightweight but nice. Again, the chamomile was soothing and reduced a little bit of redness. I think it would make a good morning option for someone with combination or mildly dry skin. It would not have been sufficient for me on its own though, and I wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin.
- The moisturizer was good but not memorable. Non-irritating and felt nice, went on smoothly. It was also insufficient by itself (for my skin) but was okay on top of the lotion.
Overall, I really appreciated that my skin wasn't irritated by the products and found them to be pleasantly low scent/odor. The brand seems solid. While these products won't be my choice in future, I would still recommend them for those with mildly dry or maybe combination skin, with or without sensitivity. I just need something stronger.